Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ACECOWBOY ACECOWBOY is offline

Default Weird: inside of a cell I have a small box or cell I can't delete.

I have one cell in the middle of my spread sheet and it has in it a small box
or cell in it. It looks like the boxes you enter text into when filling out a
form on a website.
It is smaller than the cell itself and I can actually click the mouse inside
it and type 5-10 characters. I tried deleting the cell, the line, the column
and it just shifts around the sheet. I tried right clicking on it to cut it
out like an image but it doesn't work. Right clicking inside the box doesn't
give you an options menu.
I have no idea what it is. maybe I accidentally entered a shortcut code for
some HTML insert, but usually anything like that would still be able to show
an options menu when right clicked.
Has anyone seen this before? Can you tell me what it is and how to get rid
of it please?