Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Raul Sousa Raul Sousa is offline

Default Calculating probabilities

Thanks for your replay Max.
it could be a good idea. Unfortunately I think it is not correct.
The changes to have 1 or 0 are 50/50. In this case there is more 1 than 0
(5Vs2). So the chances that the next number is a zero are bigger than the
chances that the next number is 1.
I just dont know a formula to calculate these odds.

"Max" wrote:

Probability that its a 1:
=COUNTIF(A2:A8,1)/COUNTA(A2:A8)

Similarly, the probability that its a zero:
=COUNTIF(A2:A8,0)/COUNTA(A2:A8)

Alternatively, since Pzero + Pone = 1
as the data comprises only zeros or 1s (in this instance)
Pzero = 1 - COUNTIF(A2:A8,1)/COUNTA(A2:A8)

any good? hit the YES below
--
Max
Singapore
"Raul Sousa" wrote:
I am trying to calculate probabilities in excel but I dont really know which
functions to use.
Lets say I have only two possible outcomes 1 and 0. So far the outcome was
as follow:
1
0
1
0
1
1
1

Which are the odds to get 1 and to get 0?
Which formula can calculate this?