Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How do I freeze panes horizontally and vertically at same time

It was no different or more intuitive before "The Ribbon"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 08:38:30 -0700, rrusson
wrote:

"Sloth" wrote:

when you freeze panes the rows above, and the columns left of the selected
cell are frozen. So to freeze columns A-B and rows 1-3 select C4 and then
select window-freeze panes.

Thanks. I struggled for a half-hour trying to freeze multiple columns and
rows --and I'm a software developer! MS really screwed up on this feature,
IMHO. You should be able to ctrl-click on multiple rows/columns and then
freeze. That would be much more intuitive. A lot of things seemed easier
before "The Ribbon."