Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roy[_2_] Roy[_2_] is offline

Default Excel Problems

On Oct 12, 9:57*am, "Fred Smith" wrote:
What formula are you using?

Regards,
Fred

"Roy" wrote in message

Hello group
I have some problems with my excel because when I tried to do absolute
reference in getting the percentage and dragging it down it will just
copy what is on the first cell down to the end ..
This what not what it used to be before.
Can anybody tell me *how to troubleshoot this?
TIA
Roy- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the replies ...
I am using step 5 here
http://www.internet4classrooms.com/excel_percent.htm
ever since and never failed me and it was only when I opened my pc
this morning that something peculiar happened
That is why posted it in this group....
Thinking that there might some missing drivers or something like that
contributed to the fault I restarted the PC and everything went back
to normal! what a relief ,,,,the excel works properly now..( a really
strange happening I never experienced before.

I went back and started thinking what I loaded before I calculated the
percentage ....and I suspected it was an excel file I copied from
somebody( loaded with macros) where I calculated percentage and the
fault started appearing...and when I calcu lated the percentage of
another excel file in another window the effect was copied in it
( unable to get percentage)that alarmed me..
I am at a loss for the explanation of this peculiarity why this is
happening....
Roy

I re