Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Otto Moehrbach[_2_] Otto Moehrbach[_2_] is offline

Default excell

Welcome to the club. Thanks for the feedback. Otto
"dam" wrote in message
wow..now i really feel like a big dummy. I have spent a bit of time
trying
to solve this. thanks for the help.
dam

"Otto Moehrbach" wrote:

Simply enter , say, U0750, into a cell. Then grab the fill handle (the
little square dot at the bottom right corner of the cell) and drag it as
far
as you want. The number part will increment. HTH Otto
"dam" wrote in message
need help incrementing a row of inventory numbers (that are preceded by
letter)
formula to increment U0750 to U0751..to U0850.
also another column of alias for same unit AWWU U0750 to AWWU
U0751..to
AWWU U0850.
seems like I did this once in past but have slept since then, thanks
for
any
help provided