Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
kassie kassie is offline

Default adding columns with decimals out to far

Always then round your calculations to 2 decimals. Iso saying =A1*.88, or
A1*B1, where B1 = .88, use =ROUND(A1*.88,2) or =ROUND(A1*B1,2)

--
HTH

Kassie

Replace xxx with hotmail

"mastermk" wrote:

not sure how to explain, but I am totalling a column that has been multiplied
with another column and it has a 3 digit decimal, I can fix it to show only
the 2 digits, but when I add the column up it is adding ALL of it... for
example

Column A Column B
30.00 (A*13.88%)=B 4.16(4) I can eliminate the (4)
showing.. but it
30.00 4.16(4) still adds it in in
the total at the bottom..
30.00 4.16(4)

total always add the 3rd digit.. I need it to round up/down EACH figure
seperately, so when I add Column B up its should give me a total of 12.48
instead I get 12.49

Thanks
MK