Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Sorting / format question

Thanks for the feedback.

Now you see why I select all columns prior to the sort<g

Gord

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 10:33:01 -0700, markholt
wrote:

Actually - I did have a column blank !! I was using it as a working column
to identify needed changes & it was currently blank. I removed that column &
now it sorts fine.

I guess MS did this to make it fast....I didn't know this. Learned
something today !!

"markholt" wrote:

The software should sort the entire page. Is it normal for this problem - I
don't know what is causing it but Excel is limiting the columns to A through
L. Also if you use the AZ quick sort button it does the same. It doesn't
work properly. I thought it was something with my sheet....

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Any blank rows or columns?

I have found over the years and several versions of Excel to not let Excel
guess the range,

Select all columns to be sorted before hitting the Sort button.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 09:11:02 -0700, markholt
wrote:

Something has happened to my file that causes Excel 2007 to select PART of my
file when I sort. I've looked at everything & can't figure why it's doing
this. When I click sort - I want the whole sheet sorted.

No fields or columns are hidden.

If I work fast I risk getting my info all srewed up ....

Mark