Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
William William is offline

Default CELL FORMAT

Thanks to all!
--
William

"Ms-Exl-Learner" wrote:

Just format the cell as Text and enter try to enter the value

Select the range and do Right Click and select Format
CellsNumberCategoryText and give ok.

Otherwise before entering the value in a cell type ' and enter your Zero
value numbers.

If this post helps, Click Yes!

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)

"William" wrote:

In a worksheet cell A1 is in General format, and has the entry 0607. Cell A2
(same column) is also in General format, but has 607. When I add the 0 at
the front 607, Excel deletes the zero as soon as I click outside the cell. I
don't understand how that can happen since both cells are in General format.
What is causing one cell to accept the 0 at the front but not the other?
--
William