Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Changing numerical values based upper and lower range

So you have a set of existing numbers that you want to change such that they
fit between an upper and a lower limit. there are an infinite number of ways
that that can be done depending what you want.

1 Way - Any number above the upper limit becomes the upper limit and numbers
below become the lower limit.

Another Way - Lets say your exising numbers are from 0 to 100 and you want
them to be proportionally spread between 10 and 20. The difference between 10
and 20 is 10. The difference between 0 and 100 is 100. 10/100 = 0.10.
Multiply all of the existing numbers by 0.10 and then add 10 to them.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"jrmcosmo" wrote:

What formula or statement can I use to change numerical values that I want to
keep above a certain lower limit and below a certain upper limit? Say I
wanted to keep the values above 10 but below 20.

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

That is more of a statement than a question. We need a lot more details than
that.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"jrmcosmo" wrote:

I need to change some upper and lower values of some numerical data based on
a upper and lower range.