Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Tags Tags is offline

Default Calculating Average of Certain Cells

Thanks. It worked!!! I was hitting CTRL, SHift and Enter before I entered
the formula. WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi.

Paste the formula in to formula bar and alter the ranges to suit your needs
THEN
press and hold down CTRL and SHIFT key and tap ENTER

Mike

"Tags" wrote:

It didn't work. It didn't put the {} around it. I did what you said to do.
Do I have to change the format of the X cells to text or number?

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

Try this ARRAY formula

=AVERAGE(IF(B1:B20="X",C1:C20))

This is an array formula which must be entered by pressing CTRL+Shift+Enter
'and not just Enter. If you do it correctly then Excel will put curly brackets
'around the formula {}. You can't type these yourself. If you edit the formula
'you must enter it again with CTRL+Shift+Enter.

Mike
"Tags" wrote:

I want to find the average time of cells that only have X in them. For
example:
Name Comercial TIME
Belair X 0:30
York 0:15