Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
golddave via OfficeKB.com golddave via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default List Disctinct Strings from Range of Cells

Requirements are set by clinet. Cannot be changed.

Ron Rosenfeld wrote:
I tried that dll once and when I uninstalled it the system it was on got
messed up.

So far you have told us that:
cannot use Advanced Filter because of the shape of your data.
cannot use Advanced Filter because your users cannot run the filter.
require dynamic updating.
Client does not allow macros.
Will not use morefunc.xll because a system got messed up when you
uninstalled it.

I've installed and uninstalled morefunc.xll -- which, by the way, is an "XLL"
and not a "DLL" as you wrote above, with nary a problem. There are some
features which do not work in Excel 2007, but the UNIQUEVALUES function does
work.

I think you will have to modify your requirements.

The morefunc.xll add-in will surely do what you want. But if that is not
acceptable, you will probably need to either develop a secure way of using a
macro that satisfies your Client, or find another tool.
--ron