Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Per Jessen[_2_] Per Jessen[_2_] is offline

Default Formula Help for Novice User - Lookup Option maybe

Hi

Suppose your list with Group names are in Sheet3, try this formula:

=VLOOKUP(77002,Sheet3!A1:B10,2)

You can substiture the number to look up with a cell reference.

Regards.
Per

On 9 Sep., 00:54, Gayle wrote:
I give; fought with this all day. *I'm sure it's really easy for some of you
gurus that my jealousy turns green over.
In one spreadsheet we constantly update addresses. *The zip should identifiy
the group the record belongs to without retyping every time. *example zip
code 77777 = Adam. *I want the group name to display in a separate column. *
The data that indicates 77777 is assigned to Adam is in a separate worksheet.
*There could be multiple zips equal to Adam. *There are 16 groups in all. *
Here's the way the worksheet with the group names looks:
77001 * Abraham
77002 * Adam
77003 * Adam
77004 * Adam