Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
joeu2004 joeu2004 is offline

Default How do I post a question that Needs to show an equation that w

"Dan McGarigle" wrote:
3. I got this and other formulas from the pdf at
http://pages.swcp.com/awa/images/pdf%20files/Angle.pdf
[....]
4. Given n(number of sides)=6 in Cell C10,
a(length of a base leg)=2 in Cell D10,
and h(height of the pyramid)=6 in Cell E10,
then the Excel statement
=DEGREES(ATAN((2*E10)*(D10*F10))) is not giving the predicted value of
73.90

I presume that F10 is k (kappa), a constant that is dependent on the number
of sides, namely:

=TAN( PI()/2 - PI()/C10 )

Then phi, the angle the face triangle makes from the horizontal plane of the
pyramid base, is:

=DEGREES( ATAN( 2*E10 / D10 / F10 ) )

or if you prefer:

=DEGREES( ATAN( 2*E10 / (D10*F10) ) )