Dave Peterson

The cell limit in xl2k is 32767.

I put:
=REPT("asdfas",500)
(3000 characters)
in A1:E1

I saved this file as book1.csv (formulas were lost).

I closed the file and reopened it. I put =len(a1) in B1 and got 3000 back.

===
I'd use my favorite text editor to see what the data really looks like
(notepad/wordpad???).

Maybe the problem isn't excel.

lisa wrote:

hi i download in csv format a quetionaire from the web and i then have to
analysise and format the quatative and qualitative data from it . However i
am having trouble as the cell limit in excell 2000 is only 255 and some of
the qualitative data is more than this. Any help or tips or better routes to
take would really help.

from a self taught intermediate excel user

--

Dave Peterson