Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mrao mrao is offline

Default Cell not expending automatically.

On Sep 1, 10:25*am, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:
Mergedcellscause no end of problems with copying, pasting, sorting,
filtering, row fitting(as you have discovered) and many other functions.

Center across selection is one alternative.

Mergedcellshave their place for presentation only but if you have to be
able to manipulate data they will cause you grief.

Where did you insert the code? *It must be pasted into the sheet module as
described.

Yourcellsmust be set to wrap text and rows set to autofit prior to adding
the code and entering data inmergedcells.

Gord

On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 03:30:02 -0700 (PDT), mrao wrote:
I tried inserting the code but had trouble with it - probably because
I've never used codes before. If anyone has tips for a beginner I
would greatly appreciate it. Also, I've usedmergedcellsquite a bit
and discovered from this group that it's not the best thing to do. Why
is that and what are the alternatives? I just discovered this group so
thank you all in advance for taking time out to supply help.- Hide quoted text -

Gord,

I got it working. It took me some time because I never worked with
code before. Thanks so much for the help.