Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default The result of a formula referring to a cell with formula as te

Text in A1 '=AL60 exactly as I have written

AL6 contains 123

In A2 enter =EvalCell(A1)

Returns TRUE

EvalCell is a UDF which will copy to a general module in your workbook.

Function EvalCell(RefCell As String)
Application.Volatile
EvalCell = Evaluate(RefCell)
End Function

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 2 Sep 2009 12:01:01 -0700, JCC
wrote:

Your answer is correct, but I didn't ask the right question. I simplified my
question too much. If I have a formula as text in A1 (i.e. "=AL60") how do
I see the result of that formula by referencing A1?

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Cell A1 content is "=B2".
--If you mean =B2 as text try the below formula

=INDIRECT(MID(A1,2,LEN(A1)))

--If you mean formula =B2
=A1

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"JCC" wrote:

Cell A1 content is "=B2". I want to reference A1 and get the contents of B2.