Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
AwlSome Auger AwlSome Auger is offline

Default Vlookup and #N/A

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 08:25:01 -0700, kmap
wrote:

I have done plenty of vlookups in the past, but all of the sudden I am
getting stuck. I don't know what else to verify in order to correct the
issue. I am receiving an #N/A. I verified that the information is sorted
appropriately, there is actually information in the referenced cell, and I
have checked the formula. I'm not sure what else to check. Don't know if it
makes a different, but the worksheet it should be pulling from was created by
another inidividual and pasted in. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Example: =VLOOKUP(A2,Lite,2,FALSE)

The lookup reference in A2 is what gets hunted for in the "Lite" array.

If it does not find a match, the failure will be in the first section
of the vlookup function, the reference or 'Lookup_value'.

If it is in the table array, look at your name manager under formulas
tab to insure that your named range is still being called correctly.

Lastly, make sure that the "A2" source and the lookup are "General"
format.

You *may* (should) also have to hand re-enter data contained in a cell
after a format change.