Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Vlookup and #N/A

If you have leading spaces you want to get rid of, too, you can use this
technique:

select the column to fix
data|text to columns (xl2003 menus)
Fixed width (but remove any lines that excel added!)
and finish up.

The leading and trailing spaces will be removed, but any multiple internal
spaces will be kept.

kmap wrote:

Yes, I believe this may be it. Is there a easy way to delete trailing spaces
after data. There are about 3 spaces after the data, I'm dealing with about
2000 rows...any quick fix? Thanks much!

"Thanks" wrote:

Have you verified that there are no leading or trailing spaces in the
contents of the pasted values?

"kmap" wrote:

I have done plenty of vlookups in the past, but all of the sudden I am
getting stuck. I don't know what else to verify in order to correct the
issue. I am receiving an #N/A. I verified that the information is sorted
appropriately, there is actually information in the referenced cell, and I
have checked the formula. I'm not sure what else to check. Don't know if it
makes a different, but the worksheet it should be pulling from was created by
another inidividual and pasted in. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Example: =VLOOKUP(A2,Lite,2,FALSE)

--

Dave Peterson