Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Vlookup and #N/A

Debra Dalgleish has lots of notes on troubleshooting =vlookup():
http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html#Trouble

If this doesn't help, you may want to share some of the data (and types of data)
that you're matching on--is it a number or text, a long string, date or time or
combination???

kmap wrote:

I have done plenty of vlookups in the past, but all of the sudden I am
getting stuck. I don't know what else to verify in order to correct the
issue. I am receiving an #N/A. I verified that the information is sorted
appropriately, there is actually information in the referenced cell, and I
have checked the formula. I'm not sure what else to check. Don't know if it
makes a different, but the worksheet it should be pulling from was created by
another inidividual and pasted in. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Example: =VLOOKUP(A2,Lite,2,FALSE)

--

Dave Peterson