Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
WallyWallWhackr WallyWallWhackr is offline

Default formula for adding cells in different rows and different colum

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 15:43:01 -0700, Diogie
wrote:

I merged the cells for the date so they're actually in AB DE GH etc. When I
sent this, it didn't stay in the correct format and everything got all
jumbled up.

Basically its a colum with names with total hours for the day next to the
appropriate person. I have to do this for the week. Since my temps change
frequently, I didn't want to have to hunt for each name. I was hoping just
to add the names that worked a particular day and their hours then be able to
get a total for the week. Guess I'll have to keep showing everyone whether
they worked that day or not. Thanks for the help though.

I have some time log sheets on the Microsoft templates page:

Others do as well... some that do exactly what you describe...

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...060381033.aspx

Or

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...CT101172771033

Instead of jobs and a single employee, you could track employees and
daily attendance as well.

Interesting twist on my sheet.