Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Maresa Maresa is offline

Default Nght shift allowance

Thanks for the help so far, I did however forgot to mention that shifts might
go from one day to the other eg. starts at 17:00 and ends at 07:00 the next
day where the answer then should be 12 hours, or another scenario where the
shift could start at 05:00 and ends at 23:00 where the answer should be 6
hours

"Luke M" wrote:

Assuming start time is in A2, stop time is in B2, formula is:

=MAX(B2,"18:00")-MAX("18:00",A2)+MIN("6:00",B2)-MIN("6:00",A2)

Note this is fairly basic, and won't work for shifts going from one day to
another. As neither of your examples had that occuring, I'm hoping its a safe
assumption.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Maresa" wrote:

sorry if this is a duplicate, but I cannot see the question I posted last
night.
I need to calculate night shift allowance between the hours 18:00 and 6:00
the shift might run from 15:00 to 23:00, the allowance is then = 5 hours, or
it might start at 05:00 to 14:00, the answer should then be 1 hour.