Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default locking formulas in Excel 2007 so users can't change but can view original formula?

You can choose to hide the formula but by default it's set to not hide
formulas.

Unprotect the sheet
Select the cell(s) in question
Right clickFormat CellsProtection tab
Uncheck: Hidden
OK

Protect the sheet

The formulas should now be visible.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Verna" wrote in message
Hi All:
Is there a way to lock formulas in Excel 2007 so users can't change
but can view original formula? I can lock/protect a selected group of
cells within a worksheet, but I wan't other users to be able to review
the formulas from which the data is derived. Currently when you lock/
protect a group of cells, you can't see the formula.

Grateful for your expertise!
Verna