Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ian Elliott Ian Elliott is offline

Default how blank data validation cell after changing dependent cell?

Actually, if I may add to this, how about not 'blanking' it, but setting it
to a default value?
Thanks for any help.

"Ian Elliott" wrote:

Thanks for any help.
Using http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html, I have a data validation
dependent on another data validation. So when I change the original data
validation, and then change the dependent data validation, I only get a
choice based upon the original data validation. However, before I choose for
the dependent data validation, if I had a previous choice that wasn't
possible, that value will still remain, even if I choose the original data
validation something that won't have that dependent value. Is there a way to
blank out the dependent if it won't be allowed?
Sorry if that's confusing.