Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Resetting multiple cells containing drop-down lists

F2 puts you into Edit mode for the active cell.

CTRL + Enter repeats this editing in each cell in the selection.

You could do same thing by selecting the cells then mouse-click in the
Formula Bar then CTRL + Enter.

Gord

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 13:01:27 GMT, "christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com"
<u3143@uwe wrote:

Thanks. I looked in the Help and found Ctrl-Enter for repeating the value of
the current cell, but it didn't mention F2, and I find that Ctrl-Enter
doesn't work without F2. I searched the help page but didn't get a clear idea
of what F2 does in this case, or why it wasn't mentioned. Any further
explanation appreciated.

Gord Dibben wrote:
Assuming DV dropdowns.

Select "Required" in top dropdown cell.

Select that cell and all other dropdown cells in the column.

F2 then CTRL + Enter

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Excel 2003, XP: I have a spreadsheet with a large number of cells containing
drop-down lists. I need to reset these. For example, I'd like to reset all

[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]
you can try it.) The obvious answer is "write a macro", but I'm wondering if
there's a built-in way to do this. Thanks.