Crocketty

Thank you for your reply Dave.
The number size change is not enough to need widening the cell.
My concern is why do the numbers change to a number sign
ie.### when I make them BOLD font.
I keep a Database for a club, and even when making the initial entry
in Bold font, the number I have in column A immediately changes
to ###'s.
Doing a following row with another new member's details, the problem
may not occur with the numerals remaining as they should.
It only happens with the entry in column A.
I hope this info might give you further ideas Dave.

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
I'd also change the columnwidth to accept the largest value, but you could
format the cell, too:

Format|cells|Alignment tab
check "Shrink to fit"

But it might not look as good.

Crocketty wrote:

When I enter a 4digit number in Column A and highlight to change to Bold
font,
the numbers change to 3 number signs ###.
If I change them back to normal font, they return to number form, but
with
slightly larger numerals
Not all rows have this problem - maybe only 2 in 5. This has only
recently
begun to happen.
Thanking some clever person in anticipation of some advice.
Bye from Crocketty

--

Dave Peterson