Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mike Hartsough Mike Hartsough is offline

Default Column A is Off-screen (no, it's not hidden)

I was working away on a spreadsheet when I noticed that Column A had
disappeared.

I first thought that I had somehow "hidden" it, so I ran the command to
unhide column A. Column A did not reappear.

I have discovered that if I <Alt<Tab from column B, the cursor moves off
the left side of the window, effectively disappearing, and the A1 cell ID
appears in the "Name Box" pane, and the contents of A1 appears in the "fx"
pane.

So column A isn't hidden, it's just somewhere off the left side of the Excel
window.

Can someone tell me how I can get column A to actually be displayed?

Office Excel 2003, sp3.

Thanks,
Mike