Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default use a function for filtered data

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"debl" wrote in message
Thank you, thank you! This worked great once I remembered to use
CTRL,SHIFT,
and ENTER!

"T. Valko" wrote:

=SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(A3:A83,A3:A83)0,1))

That formula will count unique numbers.

Try this array formula** :

=SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(IF(SUBTOTAL(2,OFFSET(A3,ROW(A3:A 83)-ROW(A3),)),A3:A83),A3:A83),1))

CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER). Hold down both the CTRL key and the
SHIFT
key then hit ENTER.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"debl" wrote in message
I am trying to count items in a spreadsheet using the following formula
=SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(A3:A83,A3:A83)0,1)) when I filter the amount comes
up
the
same--how can I incorporate the subtotal function in here to get a
proper
number. The data in the range is week numbers that correspond with
activities
performed each day. I need to filter how many of the weeks the activity
is
done.