Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lynetteb_308 lynetteb_308 is offline

Default phone number formatting for dummies

It doesn't change anything it just adds it as a custom format and then my
number stays the same as it was originally entered, with no ()'s around the
area code.
--
lynetteb

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

--Select the cells
--Right clickFormat CellsFrom 'Numer' tab list select Custom
--In the type text box enter as per Peters suggestion

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"lynetteb_308" wrote:

ok, I was able to to Ctrl-F1 and it brought up the clipboard on the right
hand screen.
But, from there what you are saying doesn't make sense to me. There is
nothing that says custom so the rest of what you are telling me to do, means
I can't.

I really don't know what I am doing and am a little technology challenged so
you have to be very specific.

thanks!
--
lynetteb

"Peter T" wrote:

"("###")" ###-####

Select the cells to want to format and press Ctrl-F1
Custom
below 'Type' paste the above

Copy the above and paste into the 'Custom'

Regards,
Peter T

"lynetteb_308" wrote in message
I am using Excel 2003 and I am trying to format my phone numbers to all be

I have followed some of the other suggestions given in the forum but
nothing
gives me the () around the area code. Unfortuantley I need very detailed,
step-by-step instructions on how to include the () around the area code.

Please help!
--
lynetteb