Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
David Kaplan David Kaplan is offline

Default Turning always save backup file to off

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

So do I--at least for today, er, this morning.

Gord Dibben wrote:

What's really strange and frightening is.............I remember the difference
between the two<g

On Mon, 14 May 2007 18:58:22 -0500, Dave Peterson
wrote:

Oops.

Thanks for the correction (again???--I think you've corrected me on this
before--but I haven't learned!).

Gord Dibben wrote:

Did you mean .XLK files?

.WBK are Word backup files

But I see by Ken's response he's happy.

Gord

On Mon, 14 May 2007 11:46:31 -0500, Dave Peterson
wrote:

To stop creating the .wbk files?

File|SaveAs|Tool|General Options|Uncheck "always create backup"

This setting is for for that one workbook/template. It's not an application or
user setting.

Ken wrote:

I used to know how to set this off using the template function. It has not
happened in some time, but reappeared when my work PC got updated from Excel
97 to 2003.
Can anyone out there shed a little light?
Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson