Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jacqueline Jacqueline is offline

Default adding more data to pivot table.

Shawna,
You cannot add columns within the piviot. I have had the best luck adding
the columns for additional data to the right of the orginal Pivot. It is a
little unclear how you added the additional data
Jacqueline

"shawna" wrote:

I add data to an exsisting pivot table every day and month. When I added a
new month, it added the new data to the bottom of the pivot table instead of
adding it to the correct column. example:

Jan Feb Mar Apr
John Smith 5 2 6
April Jones 2 1 4 3
John Smith 2
B. Smith 3
Why does it add below and not at top under the month? I've tried the
options, doesn't fix it.