Neil

When you make a font Bold it slightly increases its size, this quite often
makes it too big to fit in the cell, so the ### is displayed.
To fix this, re-size the row height / column width after 'bolding' the font.
If it only happen on some rows, then I'm guessing that those rows are
slightly smaller than the rows it happens on.
To check the row height, highlight the entire row, then right click on the
row number and select 'Row height' and check the differences in the rows.

HTH

Neil
www.nwarwick.co.uk

"Crocketty" wrote:

When I enter a 4digit number in Column A and highlight to change to Bold
font,
the numbers change to 3 number signs ###.
If I change them back to normal font, they return to number form, but with
slightly larger numerals
Not all rows have this problem - maybe only 2 in 5. This has only recently
begun to happen.
Thanking some clever person in anticipation of some advice.
Bye from Crocketty