Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Excel Toolbars and Macros in Vista

That's what the macro looks like.

But what is shown when you look to see what's assigned to the button--does it
include a path and file--and is that different from what you expect.

If you've created this button manually, you could have a trouble each time the
file that contains the assigned macro is moved or renamed.

I'd create that toolbar via code when the file opens and destroy the toolbar
when the file closes.

For additions to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way John Walkenbach
does it in his menumaker workbook:

Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
(from Debra Dalgleish's site)

In xl2007, those toolbars and menu modifications will show up under the addins.

========
You could create a utility workbook that consists of nothing but macros (subs
and functions) and put it in your XLStart folder. Then this file will open when
excel opens and close when excel closes.

Boris of Adelaide wrote:

Here's what it looks like:
Sub Income()
'
' Income Macro
' Macro recorded 28/05/2005 by David Kilner
'

'
ChDir "C:\Excel-General\HouseholdAccounts"
Workbooks.Open Filename:="C:\Excel-General\HouseholdAccounts\Income.xls"
End Sub

I'm still running Excel 2000.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

If you rightclick on the offending buttons, what are the macros assigned
to--what workbook and what folder?

--

Dave Peterson