Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
Boris of Adelaide Boris of Adelaide is offline

Default Excel Toolbars and Macros in Vista

Have the tried the advice offered but to no avail. There is only one copy of
Personal.xls that I can find, located in the Excel StartUp folder under
Users. Xlb is in the parent folder of that one but I still get the same error
message.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

First, find all your personal.xls files and move them somewhere safe.

Windows start button|Search

Then start excel
Hit alt-f11 to get to the VBE (where macros live)
hit ctrl-g to see the immediate window

Type this:
?application.startuppath

Make a note of where this is and put your real personal.xls in that folder.

========
If the *.xlb file isn't in the parent folder of this startuppath, you should
move (not copy) it there.

Boris of Adelaide wrote:

I have installed Micorsoft Office 2000 on a new computer running Vista Home
Premium, having formerly run under XP. I've copied Excel.xlb and
Personal.xls. My toolbars show OK. They incude a number of Macros as Toobar
buttons but when I click on one I get a message "A document with the name
Perosnal.xls is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same
name' etc. I can't find extra copies of Personal.xls anywhere so I am unsure
what I need to do to solve this issue. Would appreicate some advice so I can
avoid having to re-do the Macros.

--

Dave Peterson