Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FSPH FSPH is offline

Default Enabling Auto-Complete on several worksheets?

Hello Dave,

No, it seems to me that Auto-Complete is only applied to one Worksheet
(sorry, I don't know anything about Workbooks). So, if I type "Peterson" the
first time, the second time I start typing "Pe" on the same worksheet it
completes to Peterson on the same worksheet. If I in addition then go to a
second (other) worksheet and again type "Pe", nothing happens; I conclude
that Auto-Complete does only apply to recent entries on one particular
worksheet.

So how can I make Auto-Complete apply to all (or selected) worksheets?

Thanks for your help.

FSPH

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Doesn't the autocomplete stay on for the entire application (all
workbooks)--once you toggle it on?

And doesn't it stay off for the entire application--once you toggle it off?

(Or am I misunderstanding something...)

FSPH wrote:

Hello there,

The command "Auto-Complete" can be enabled for cells of one workseet by
ticking off "Enable Auto-Complete" under Tools/Options/Edit.

Is there a way to enable this Auto-Complete on all or at least selected
worksheets?

I am using Excel 2002 (SP3) on Microsoft Vista.

Thank you for your help.

FSPH

--

Dave Peterson