Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Enabling Auto-Complete on several worksheets?

Hello there,

The command "Auto-Complete" can be enabled for cells of one workseet by
ticking off "Enable Auto-Complete" under Tools/Options/Edit.

Is there a way to enable this Auto-Complete on all or at least selected
worksheets?

I am using Excel 2002 (SP3) on Microsoft Vista.

Thank you for your help.

FSPH
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Doesn't the autocomplete stay on for the entire application (all
workbooks)--once you toggle it on?

And doesn't it stay off for the entire application--once you toggle it off?

(Or am I misunderstanding something...)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello Dave,

No, it seems to me that Auto-Complete is only applied to one Worksheet
(sorry, I don't know anything about Workbooks). So, if I type "Peterson" the
first time, the second time I start typing "Pe" on the same worksheet it
completes to Peterson on the same worksheet. If I in addition then go to a
second (other) worksheet and again type "Pe", nothing happens; I conclude
that Auto-Complete does only apply to recent entries on one particular
worksheet.

So how can I make Auto-Complete apply to all (or selected) worksheets?

Thanks for your help.

FSPH

FSPH wrote:

Hello there,

The command "Auto-Complete" can be enabled for cells of one workseet by
ticking off "Enable Auto-Complete" under Tools/Options/Edit.

Is there a way to enable this Auto-Complete on all or at least selected
worksheets?

I am using Excel 2002 (SP3) on Microsoft Vista.

Thank you for your help.

FSPH

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Workbooks are files -- a collection of sheets (worksheets, chart sheets, etc).

The setting for autocomplete is an application setting (it affects all
worksheets in all workbooks (files)).

But it sounds like you want the autocomplete list to be "shared" between
worksheets. There's nothing in excel that will do this for you.

You could add a bunch of names/strings (just temporarily) to the worksheet
(insert new rows with these values) and then delete them when you're done with
the data entry.