Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Curious[_2_] Curious[_2_] is offline

Default How come it say "Microsoft Excel cannot find any data toreplace"?

On Jul 16, 2:01*pm, Luke M wrote:
Click on the Find&Replace options button. Make sure the "Match entire cell
contents" options is unchecked. Depending on how your data is actually setup,
you may also need to adjust the "Look in" option to values, instead of
formulas.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Curious" wrote:
I have a column in Excel with sample items below:

REG.N
KRG.N
ASN.N
PSB.N
PKY.N
PPS.N
PEI.N
MAA.N
MAC.N

I'll need to remove ".N" from each, so I pick "Replace" command and
enter ".N" replaced with blank.

However, when I select "Replace All", it seems that it cannot find any
".N" because I got the message about "Microsoft Excel cannot find any
data to replace". What's wrong with it?- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Luke M! After I unchecked "Match entire cell contents" option,
it worked. I don't recall when I checked that option in the first
place.