Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default ISSUE CLOSED

You have replied to your own message and thanked yourself. If you were
trying to reply to someone else's message, you need to select that and reply
to it.

But I guess it's still early in the morning in your part of the world? :-)
--
David Biddulph

"Scott Adams" wrote in message
Thanks! I knew it was something silly.

"Scott Adams" wrote:

I know this is likely an insanely simple situation, but it is early
Tuesday
and I am stumped.

I have a simple spreadsheet breaking hours down by percentage to spread
my
labor costs across multiple projects. All number cells are formatted the
same: Numeric with 1 decimal place. However, when I enter my total hours
and
the math occurs, the resulting breakdown does not add back up to my total
hours. It is almost always off by 0.1

TOT 11.0
4% 0.4
15% 1.7
2% 0.2
31% 3.4
7% 0.8
17% 1.9
14% 1.5
5% 0.6
5% 0.6

Is there some contraint that I can place on any cell to force this to add
up
correctly? I know it must be a decimal situation somewhere, but I am
stumped.

THANK YOU!
Scott