Andy Pope

Hi Jon,

The column technique works great for positive values but not so for
negative ones.

Cheers
Andy

Jon Peltier wrote:
(I really miss the old Data lables as assigned that used to be

available. I
have no idea why that was removed, Cause I used to use it A bunch)

The up-down bars have never had a labeling capability. The alternative
approach is to build a floating column chart, and use the columns' data
labels to display the difference data. The nice thing about a floating
column chart is that the value is the difference between top and bottom,
so simple data labels using the Show Value option will do the trick.

Floating Column Charts:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...ngColumns.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

bj wrote:

another way would be to find the midpoint between each data pair
lable each midpoint data pair as the delta value
plot this group of data as mutilple data series.
select each one to show data lables for series lable and delete the
legend for that series from the legend box. You can format the lables
as to orientation veritical etc.
(I really miss the old Data lables as assigned that used to be
available. I have no idea why that was removed, Cause I used to use
it A bunch)

"Basil" wrote:

I was looking for a way that didn't rely on seperate text boxes.

"bj" wrote:

one way to do it, (If I understand what you want) on the spread
sheet calculate the difference in say D1:D4
on the chart start a text box and in the formula bar enter = and
point to the cell with the difference.
format the text box for the alignment and fill colors you want and
place it on the down bar for each data point pair.

"Basil" wrote:

Hiya,

I have a line chart with two lines. I have included down bars from
the upper line. I would like the difference of value between the
two lines (i.e. the height of the down bars) to be shown within the
down bars.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Basil