Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Picking one cell will highlight four or five, Excel 2007

Try setting your Zoom level a little higher or lower to stop the
multi-selects.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 6 Jul 2009 08:46:00 -0700, Jen
wrote:

I've encountered the "anchored selection" before and that's not quite what's
happening here. No matter where I pick, the cell I pick plus the ones below
are highlighted. Hitting esc doesn't help, I've tried. It often stops as
abruptly as it begins without any rhyme or reason. Totally wierd.

"jamescox" wrote:

It's hard to be sure, having not seen your screen while this was
happening, but I've noticed something which might be the same or at
least be related. It's almost as if Excel has anchored a selection in
one cell and when I click on any other cell it selects a group of
cells.

Even if that's not a description of what you are talking about, you
might try what seems to often (but not 100% of the time) work - pressing
the Esc key.

In extreme cases, saving the workbook and then closing and finally
re-opening the workbook has always worked, but it's a real productivity
killer!

--
jamescox
jamescox's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=449