Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ashish Mathur[_2_] Ashish Mathur[_2_] is offline

Default Dat. Validaation - simple ques

Hi,

I am not very clear about your question but I assume that you do not want
want blanks to appear in the data validation list. What you could do is
convert the range (of options which will appear in the drop down) to a list
(Ctrl+L). Now refer to the range in the Data Validation Allow List
Source. Now whenever the user adds data to the range, it will automatically
appear in the validation list.

Hope this helps.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"LiAD" wrote in message

I have created a list of inputs from which I use data validation to create
the drop down list. I have selected 20 cells in the list, the last 8 of
which are empty so that someone can add more in the future.

When I select the drop down menu it opens the drop down on the first empty
cell so the user has to move up to find anything useful.

Can i get it to open on the first item in the list or at least one closer
the top?

Thanks