Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default What formula should I use to find the details in the cell?

You have not yet mentioned in which cell you have the loan amount. Assuming
the loan amount in B2 and designation in C2 try the below formula in D2

=B2*IF(C2="","",IF(COUNTIF(C2,"*manager*"),0.15,0. 05))

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Cloud Strife" wrote:

In C2 enter "General Manager". In C3 enter formula
=IF(C2="","",IF(COUNTIF(C2,"*manager*"),15,5))%

Now in C2 change that to "Receptionist" and check what is displayed in C3.

I don't get it, the whole thing..

Anyway, I uploaded my sample to this link
http://two.xthost.info/cloudstrife/Sample.xlsx

I explain again what I want, based on the sample, I want to know whether
they are manager or not, so based on their job title, there will be something
like general manager and so on, so I want excel to detect whether the cell in
column a has manager this word, then it will use the 15% X the loan amount,
and if there is no manager word in the job title, it will use 5% X the loan
amount. This is what I need.