Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default Wat formula shuld i use to find the details in the cell?

Just let us know the results of the below test.

In C2 enter "General Manager". In C3 enter formula
=IF(C2="","",IF(COUNTIF(C2,"*manager*"),15,5))%

Now in C2 change that to "Receptionist" and check what is displayed in C3

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria

"Cloud Strife" wrote:

actually what I need is, to search whether in the job title whether there is
Manager or not, because if got manager i will put deduct 15% from his salary,
if not Manager it will use the false statement and the false statement will
be 5%. I need to do that, because there is a lot of employee, not all of them
is manager, so I need to do that, so when it search that in the job title
there is Manager word in it, it will use the True Statement, and if Manager
is not found in the job title it will use the false statement.