Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default CountIf function on combo-box entries

Go into design mode (another icon on that control toolbox toolbar)
select a combobox (one at a time!)
Hit the Properties icon
look for linkedcell
type in the address you want to use.

Repeat for each combobox

click on the design mode icon to get back to normal.

Roxy wrote:

I need to verify the steps that I would perform to link a cell to a combo
box... Users will still need to see the combo box so the linked cells
(column) would be hidden. Thanks!!!

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You could use some code, but maybe easier would be to assign a linkedcell (in a
separate column and hide the column -- or even on a separate (hidden??)
worksheet) to each of those comboboxes.

Then you can use =countif() against that range of linked cells.

Roxy wrote:

We have a 2 column combo box (Active X) set up that shows a procedure code
along with its text name to help users with data entry.

Example:

725.1 Diabetes
546.2 Heart Disease

Would it be possible to do a count if function on the data so see how many
Diabetes cases? It doesn't look like one could filter this either.

Any ideas? My VBA skills are limited. Thanks!!

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson