Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Chart Number Decimal Places

Hi,

This feature needs some work! But in the meantime there are two ideas that
can help:
1. The Format xxxx dialog box is modal - that means you can leave it open
and still work in the spreadsheet or on the chart. This is ok if you have a
large monitor
2. You can turn on the Linked to source option and then use the increase
and decrease decimal buttons on the spreadsheet range and the chart axis will
adjust. This option is found under Format Axis, Number tab, Linked to source.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"John" wrote:

Is there a way to highlight the axis on a chart, then use the
increase/decrease decimal buttons like I use to be able to in Excel 2003 and
earlier? The buttons don't seem to work in Excel 2007. The only way I've
been able to change it is a multi-click and type routine, which is sloow.
Thanks.

John