Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Too many characters in header

Hi,

I'm sure you mean the header in Page Setup - Yes you are limited to 255
characters. But you might be able to use a range in the spreadsheet as a
header by choose File, Page Setup, Sheet tab, and choosing Row to repeat at
top. In the spreadsheet you can display

2003:
Cells can contain 1024 characters in a formula
Cells can contain 32,767 text characters but only the first 1023 will be
visible (unless you use Alt Enter to force line breaks)

2007:
Cells can contain 8192 characters in formulas
Cells can contain 32,767 text characters in cells and all can be seen and
printed without needing to use Alt Enter.

A second alternative is to create your header in a graphic program or make a
graphic out of it and then put the graphic in the header. There is an Insert
Picture button in the Custom Header area.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Mike1558" wrote:

I am creating a template and the text that I want in the header is more than
255 characters. How do I create a header that has all the info that I want in
it?
--
Thanks
Mike