Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Sam Sam is offline

Default if, else questions

I have a sheet with 3 columns: A, B, C
A is a dropdown with following values
compile, edit, audit

B is a dropdown and has the same values as A
compile, edit, audit

C is a text box that auto populates with either "Yes" or "No" depending on
what we select for A and B

If I select same values for A and B then I want a Yes for C
If I select different values for A and B then I want a No

Also, I have seen an IF statement in a cell that has text values.

The IF statement compares two cells with text values but has a '' and a '<'
comparison made. For eg, If 'lion' < 'cat' then display '1' and so on.
My question is, How can we make such a comparison of or < with a text value?

Thanks in Advance.