Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shevy Shevy is offline

Default give each NO in a drop down a different value

Ok lets have one more go at this.... IF

A2 no (HAS VALUE OF 2)
A3 no (HAS VALUE OF 6)
A4 no (HAS VALUE OF 2)
A5 yes (HAS VALUE OF 0)
A6 no (HAS VALUE OF 5)
A7 no (HAS VALUE OF 2)
A8 yes (HAS VALUE OF 0)

So what I need to know is if you was answering these questions above how
would I be able to value the NO's with a different value?? So the total at
the bottom would add up all the values ofcourse ignoring the YES's as they
have zero value...

at present I have =COUNTIF(I14:I33,"NO") but that is counting NO as 1

"Max" wrote:

Still vague to me, I'm afraid, but here's another guess

In C2: =SUMIF(A2:A10,"No",B2:B10)
where A2:A10 would house the "No", "Yes" indications
with B2:B10 containing the corresponding numbers to be summed

Did the above hit the barndoor? wave it, click the YES button below
--
Max
Singapore
"Shevy" wrote: