Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shevy Shevy is offline

Default give each NO in a drop down a different value

Max

sorry as you might of guessed excel aint my strongest...

What i need to tally up is if the NO =

2 in A2
4 in A3
6 in A3
10 in A4

Which would give me a total of 22

and all the YES would = 0

"Max" wrote:

Maybe something like this
Assuming data in A2:A10 (including "No"'s)
where each "No" = to deduct 5 marks, say
In B2: =SUM(A2:A10)-(COUNTIF(A2:A10,"No")*5)
--
Max
Singapore
"Shevy" wrote:
I have a worksheet in which I want to be able to give the NO's in the drop
down a different value so that the total value when added up will tell me the
number of guided learning hours required for the individual.

I hope this makes sense..