Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
mamorellana mamorellana is offline

Default How to modify a primary worksheet linked to another worksheet

I already tried using =INDIRECT infront of the formula, but whenever I modify
Book1 by adding, moving or deleting rows, all my dates in Book 2 are mess up.

Should I lock the full row in Book1? or what else can I do?

Thanks!!

Marcela

"Max" wrote:

One guess ..
Provided Book1.xls is always simultaneously open with Book2.xls
In Book2.xls,
instead of: =[Book1.xls]Sheet1!$I$19
you could use: =INDIRECT("[Book1.xls]Sheet1!I19")
which will always point to that particular source cell, ie I19 in Sheet1, in
Book1. Irrespective of what you may do (eg: add/move/delete rows in Book1)
which may impact that particular source cell.
--
Max
Singapore
"mamorellana" wrote:
I have a primary worksheet that contains dates. Example: Book1 - Cell I19
has a date as of 16-Jun-06. And Book 2 - Cell L2 is linked to Book 1 - Cell
I19 as =[Book1.xls]Sheet1!$I$19. If I add, move or delete rows on the primary
worksheet, all the dates in the secondary worksheet are mess up. What can I
do??

I want to add/move/delete rows on Book1 without affecting Book2