Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
weswhite7 weswhite7 is offline

Default Auto Filter Comma Dilemiation

I have a spreadsheet and I would like to be able to limit the number of
columns by using comma separations. If I have Column B and it has a list of
10 rows with numbers or text in there, separated by commas, how do I filter
it with auto filter?

For example. Column B, Row 1 has 4,5. Column B, Row 2 has 2,3,4, and Column
B Row 3 has 5,6,3. I'd like it to pick that apart in auto filter to show a
list of 2 -- 3 -- 4 -- 5 -- 6 instead of: 4,5 -- 2,3,4 -- 5,6,3. Then when I
filter it by selecting the 4, it would show all the rows with 4 in it.

If anyone knows of a way to do this please respond!

Thanks